Hello friends. Welcome to my very first blog. This is a momentous occasion for me because I have always wanted to create a forum to share the hilarious stories that happen in my daily life. Most people who will read this know me pretty well already but eventually I hope that this can be a place that other Moms can come to find reassurance that they are not crazy and not alone.
I am a 39-year-old stay-at-home Mom who just recently left the corporate world where I spent 17 years as a Marketing executive. I am what I consider to be a “modern” woman. I am on my second (and thankfully super happy) marriage. We have a yours, mine and ours situation with our 4 daughters. My husband has a 12-year-old daughter, I have a 10-year-old daughter, and together we have two more girls (2-1/2 and 12 weeks). My husband travels frequently for work, usually around 4 days per week, so I have gone through a dramatic shift from full-time Marketing Director to an around the clock Mommy.
With that dramatic lifestyle shift I often find myself in the most hilarious situations. They don’t always seem funny at the time but I have a knack for finding the humor in weird situations. I also am a self-professed over-sharer. I post things to Facebook way too often, I send too many daily pictures to my mother and I still text my former colleagues almost daily. I just simply find the things that happen to me too awesome not to share (humble, right?).
And I have searched the blogosphere for other people who share my same appreciation for all things wacky. If for no other reason than to make myself feel like I’m not alone. But most of the ladies out there are way too Martha Stewart for me. I can’t relate to them. They are either really creepy Pinterest-perfect, skinny Supermoms or maybe they are just completely fabricated and they secretly go in their closet at the end of the day and get in the fetal position. (No offense to perfect people). Either way, I’m hoping if you find yourself here you can read a story that you can relate to. No BS, no sugar-coating. Just real life stuff. And maybe my daily life stories can help you get through a situation or maybe just smile a little.
To set the stage, here are 10 things to know about me:
1. I am a domestic failure (I’m a terrible cook & house cleaner).
2. I changed 8 diapers in the first 4 hours I was awake today.
3. I wouldn’t survive without Vatorade (Vodka & Orange Gatorade).
4. Everything I wrote for the last 2-1/2 years was beautifully edited by my co-worker and friend Sarah (that is my formal apology for any and all grammar or editorial flow issues in this and all future posts).
5. I have a huge crush on my husband.
6. One of my best friends is my mother-in-law.
7. I watched the entire season of Paradise Hotel 2 in one day with a friend.
8. My favorite song is Purple Rain.
9. I am a mini-extreme couponer.
10. It is 3:10pm, my toddler is taking a nap for the first time in 3 weeks and I’m typing this instead of showering.
So there you go. Don’t judge me. 🙂
More to come……